I just returned from a New TV AE Development (used to call it “training”) Class and, once again, my faith is renewed. If this class is a microcosm of new Broadcast hires our industry is in good shape. So much energy and enthusiasm and so many questions. Their curiosity was relentless and their advancement will be quick because of it and their advertisers will love them.
And they got me thinking –
One of the modules in this class is developing and asking clients great, thought-provoking questions. We spend a considerable amount of time on this topic.
But what about asking ourselves great, thought-provoking questions? How much time do we spend on that?
Here are 11 questions you may consider asking yourself:
- What about myself am I proud of?
- What are my personal and professional growth expectations?
- What distinguishes me from others personally and professionally?
- What does being a good teammate mean?
- Am I a good teammate?
- Would I hire me? Why or why not?
- Am I a worthy _________ (spouse, friend, parent, etc)?
- Are my values in line with my actions?
- Do I consciously balance my personal and professional life?
- Companies have mission and value statements. Do I?
And, last but not least, am I remark-able?