My husband and I are both small business owners and we often compare our days with each other. We spend a lot of time laughing and shaking our heads. You know why?
Most salespeople call on us to solve their problem which is making their goals! It isn’t about us, the customer. It’s about them!
Trust me; we are no different from your advertisers. We can smell insincerity a mile away. Nicely camouflaged by asking a few questions from a canned CNA doesn’t fool anyone.
Here are some ways you can demonstrate your concern about us and get our attention (Do all of this before you call us):
- Visit our website and read it – every bit of it
- Visit LinkedIn to learn more about us
- Check to see if we are on facebook and twitter
- Review our competition – who they are, what do they differently?
- What are our industry trends? Growing? Shifting?
- Who are our customers and how are they consuming media?
- What’s happening in our market that could affect us?
- What is our uniqueness within our niche (not your uniqueness, ours!)?
- In 15 seconds or less, tell us one compelling reason (from our point of view, not yours) why we should listen to you.
If you don’t really care about us please don’t call us. When you care enough to send your very best – PLEASE give us a call. You will be remark-able.